Keeping your blog regularly updated is the best way to improve your club website’s search engine rankings and drive traffic back to your site. But finding the time to post new content two to five times a week – our recommended posting pace – can be a challenge for a busy club owner, marketing director or support staff. Fortunately, you can easily fill your blog’s posting queue with several posts at a time to be posted at future dates, by using the Schedule feature on your blog. This can save you a lot of time and make updating your club’s blog much more convenient. Here’s how!
- Log in to your admin dashboard and create a new post.
- Add your descriptive title, category(ies), content and featured image as usual to the post.
- Find the Publish widget on your website. By default, your post goes live immediately – as soon as you hit the Publish button, but you can change this.
- Click the Edit link next to Publish Immediately.
- Select the date and time you want your blog update to go live on your club’s website.
- Click the OK button below the date. The blue Publish button will instantly change to Schedule.
- Click the Schedule button to add it to your blog’s publishing queue. It will post on the date and time you selected.
In this way, there’s no need to carve out several time slots every week to keep your posts coming steadily. Instead, you can schedule multiple blog updates to post throughout the week at a time and day that’s convenient for you!